Quick Starts for Students
- How students can minister to public schools
- Are you the missionary or the mission field?
- Your friends and classmates are looking for answers, but not always in the right place.
- Whether they know it or not, they have made a choice: They are either the missionary or the mission field.
- Now, more than ever teenagers and elementary students need to hear the truth about God's love, grace and forgiveness.
- Here's some quick start guides to how you can reach your campus for Christ!
STUDENTS WHO PRAY, CARE AND SHARE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- See You at the Pole - Gather to pray at your school flagpole with other Christians on your campus. Pray for the needs of your campus, community and country and for those in authority. Pray for God's power over Satan's influence in the life of your friends. Pray for the gospel to be made clear on your campus throughout the year. Commit yourself to reaching out to your friends and classmates who do not know God's love and forgiveness.
- Form Prayer Triplets - Recruit two students who will pray with you three times a week. All three of you pray for three others at school who need to hear about Jesus. The result is that three people are praying for nine students to trust Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Link Prayer Triplets on your Campus - Launch Lighthouses of prayer within every school club, team and classroom.
- Organize a National Day of Prayer event at your school.
- Live on campus like Jesus would. Demonstrate compassion, interest and care for students without a personal relationship with Christ.
- Find ways for you and other Christians on campus to meet the practical needs of students at your school. Welcome new transfer students, encourage your teachers, administrators and building staff.
- Initiate a visit to the principal and teachers. Ask them how you can pray for them and help make their job easier.
- Volunteer for areas of service at your school providing servant leadership.
- Gain confidence and plan to share the gospel in with friends you are praying for during the school year.
- Work with other Christian students and local youth ministries to create events and outreaches that help you share Christ with students at your school.
- Take opportunities prayerfully, lovingly and boldly to share spiritual truth in your classroom and with your friends.
- Invite classmates to your church, Sunday school or youth group.