CEAI is a non-profit religious association with a Membership Service Center in Westlake, Ohio. Our support is through memberships, tax-deductible donations and grants. CEAI membership consists of teachers, administrators, para-professionals including any person hired by a school district. In addition, we offer associate membership to parents, pastors, school board members, youth leaders and others concerned or interested in the education of our children.
Hear From Our Members
Hear From Our Leadership Team
God's Love and Truth transforming our schools.
To Encourage, Equip and Empower Educators according to Biblical Principles
- Proclaim God's Word as the source of wisdom and knowledge
- Portray teaching as a God given calling and ministry
- Promote educational excellence as an expression of Christian commitment
- Preserve our Judeo-Christian heritage and values through education
- Promote the legal rights of Christians in public schools
- Provide a forum on educational issues with a Christian world view
- Partner with churches, parachurch organizations, educational institutions and parents
- Provide resources and benefits for educators including professional liability insurance
CEAI, founded in 1953, became the first national organization of professional Christian educators serving in public, private and charter schools.
CEAI is a leader in promoting the rights of religious persons in public education and in providing benefits for educators (including professional liability insurance).
CEAI is on the leading edge. . . encouraging Christians to be "Salt and Light" in public education, promoting the Declaration for Public Education which encourages the local church and community to be an active participant and supporter of public schools, and a return to Judeo-Christian values which promote character education and core values.
To help fulfill the ministry and mission of CEAI a multitude of our services and resources are available to encourage, equip, and empower all Christians called to serve in education and all friends of education.
Prayer Network: Fellowship And Christian Encouragement (FACE)
FACE exists to encourage and pray for educators and their schools. FACE is entering their tenth year of serving God by equipping Christian educators to start and sustain a prayer and encouragement group at their schools with weekly devotionals and prayer support.
--Your Invitation to Pray
--2 or More Beyond the Schoolhouse Door
Ask an Educator: Questions are welcome about educational issues that will be answered by experienced educators.
--Ask an Attorney: Questions are welcome about school law issues relating to religious freedoms
--Teachers Rights of Public School Campuses
--US Dept. of Education Religious Expression in Public Schools Guidelines 1998
--US Dept. of Education Religious Expression in Public Schools Guidelines 2003
--Frequently Asked Legal Questions Archive
--Finn Laursen, CEAI Executive Director Speaks on Religion/Law
Sign up for weekly technology updates-Tuesdays with Karen ...encouraging, equipping and empowering teachers and students to use creative technologies.
Daily Devotionals: Devotionals written for educators by educators. Subscribe to receive devotionals Monday – Friday throughout the school year via email.
CEAI E-newsletter: Emailed monthly to CEAI members. Non-members can receive the enews and other CEAI communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Subscribe to the Friends of CEAI email list” in the subject line.
--CEAI E-newsletter Archive: View previous CEAI E-newsletters.
--First Amendment Center Guides
The Bible and Public Schools--Teachers Rights on Public School Campuses by Mat Staver; Eternal Vigilance, Knowing & Protecting Your Religious Freedom, Chapter 4
Teachers Guide to Religion in Public Schools
Parents Guide to Religion in Public Schools
--CEAI Worldview Bible Study: A Bible Study to equip educators in their role as missionaries in America’s Schools.
--Educator Sunday- CEAI encourages congregations in America to set aside one Sunday each year as Educators Sunday, an event to recognize and honor educators.
Our Core Values
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- One God eternally existent in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Christ, the Son of God, His virgin birth, His miracles, His vicarious atoning death for our sins, His bodily resurrection and His return.
- The need and reality of spiritual conversion by the Holy Spirit through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit Who enables us to live a godly life.